Research Assistant/Research Associate in Wearable Microelectronics for Personal Healthcare Systems
Applicants are invited to apply for a new position in the Wearable Technologies Lab at either Research Assistant or Research Associate level. This position is funded by a major EPSRC grant to support self-management of chronic conditions using intelligent healthcare technologies. The aim of this project is to create a small, light-weight, and low-cost novel wearable wireless technology to monitor patients suffering from Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD).
To work on this project, we are looking for outstanding candidates with a strong experience and proven track record in the following research areas:
- Biomedical signal processing
- Real-time algorithms development
- Low power electronics for wearable sensing
- Data analytics
The successful candidate will require:
- Excellent programming skills for low-power microcontrollers, mobile phones and embedded systems.
- Knowledge of low-power hardware design techniques.
- Deep understanding of signal processing methods applied to physiological signals.
- Expertise in using numerical software such as Matlab and Octave.
- Ability to prototype in Matlab, Python, C/C++.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills.
Any additional experience in sensor design, system integration, or clinical trial management will be highly desirable.
For a Research Assistant level position, the candidate must have a Master’s degree (or equivalent) in Electrical and Electronic Engineering. For a Research Associate level position, the candidate must have a PhD degree (or equivalent) in related disciplines together with a strong publication record.
For informal enquiries about the post please contact Prof. Esther Rodriguez Villegas at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our preferred method of application is online via our website. Please click ‘apply’ below or go to https://www.imperial.ac.uk/job-applicants/ (Select “Job Search” then enter the job title or vacancy reference number into “Keywords”). Please complete and upload an application form as directed quoting reference number EN20170042SA. Further information is also available on the job description.
Any queries regarding the application process should be directed to Wiesia Hsissen at email@example.com