Undergraduate Research Opportunities
The TSM-CDT is offering research projects for undergraduates in 2017. Details of available projects and how to apply for summer 2017 UROPs are below. Projects last between 8 and 10 weeks and will be based in the department of the host academic supervisor.
Who should apply?
- You should have a strong aptitude for theory and mathematics
- You should have a passion for research
- You must be on course for a first-class honours degree, or equivalent, in physics, applied mathematics, chemistry, engineering, materials science, or related discipline
- If you are studying for a 3-year BSc you should be in your second year of study. If you are studying for a 4-year MSci you should be in the second or third year of study. Final year undergraduates are not eligible.
- You must be available for at least 8 weeks over the summer to undertake the project at Imperial College.
- Note that only UK/EU nationals are eligible for funding.
If you wish to be considered for 2017, please submit your application to email@example.com . The deadline for interested applicants is 24th February 2017. Your application should include the following documents :
- Your CV (including nationality)
- A copy of your latest results transcript
- A short supporting statement (up to 200 words)
- A list of your top 3 projects ranked in order of preference
The Projects for 2017 are as follows:
|Electrochemistry with Hairy Probes||Andrew Horsfield||Materials|
|John-Paul Latham||Earth Sciences|
|Arash Mostofi and Adrian Sutton||Materials|
|Nicholas Bristowe and Arash Mostofi||Materials|