Professor Sir Tom Kibble CBE FRS
We are very sad to announce the death of Professor Tom Kibble CBE FRS who passed away on Thursday 2nd June 2016. Tom has been a member of the Theoretical Physics group at Imperial since its foundation and Tom made major contributions to our deepest understanding of the fundamental forces of nature.
He was awarded numerous prizes and awards throughout his illustrious career, during which he conducted himself with extraordinary modesty and humility. He was held in the highest esteem by his colleagues and students alike. He was a great person and will be very sadly missed. We extend our deepest condolences to the Kibble family.
These are some links to other material about Tom Kibble.
- Obituary for Tom Kibble by Jerome Gauntlett, head of Theoretical Physics at Imperial.
- Imperial College news item. You can leave your own tribute to Tom Kibble on this page and read those of others.
- Institute of Physics news item on Tom Kibble.
- Letter from Letter from CERN Director General about Tom Kibble.
- Science and Technology Facilities Council news item on Tom Kibble (main government funding agency in this area).
- Daily Telegraph obituary.
- Nature obituary.
- Tom Kibble's Imperial College Personal Web Page which includes links to most of Tom's publications.