Security and insurance
Security and insurance in Halls
Imperial takes the safety and security of its students, staff and buildings very seriously. In these days of heightened security awareness, it is necessary for everyone to play their part in ensuring that best practice is followed at all times. Please help us to help you by remembering the following:
- Carry your College ID card at all times
- Show your ID card when asked to do so by a security officer
- Report lost cards to Security immediately on extension 58900 for all London campuses and 42515/42491 for Silwood Park Campus
- Be aware of any suspicious packages or behaviour and report them to Security on extension 4444 for all London campuses and 42515/42491 for Silwood Park Campus
- If you are uncertain about, or worried by something you see, do not hesitate to contact Security on extension 58900 for all London campuses and 42515/42491 for Silwood Park Campus
- If a door has access only by ID card, it means that entry to that area is restricted. Do not allow unauthorised or unknown people to follow you in
- Do not leave personal valuables lying around - lock them securely out of sight
- Lock your study-bedroom door, even if you are only going to the kitchen or bathroom
- Check doors and windows are locked at night or when going out - don’t assume someone else will do it
- Register all valuable items with Security (South Kensington Campus only), including the serial number and a clear description - use an ultra-violet pen to mark electrical and other items
For further information on all aspects of security, please contact Security on extension 58900 for all London campuses and 42515/42491 for Silwood Park Campus.
You can also learn more on the Security website.
Imperial College London are working in partnership with Endsleigh to provide you with some contents insurance. It is important for you to check this cover, so please follow the steps below to ensure that you fully understand the protection provided. Your policy number is HH1118 visit www.endsleigh.co.uk/reviewcover to check your policy details. Visit the review cover link to:
✔ Check what is covered
✔ Check out our support videos
✔ Chat to our experts through Live Web Chat
✔ Check how to make a claim
✔ Extend and personalise your cover
It is important to find out exactly what you are covered for as you may find that you require additional cover to protect all your possessions both inside and outside of your room.
Endsleigh’s new student gadget bundles allow you to insure multiple gadgets anywhere in the UK and up to 30 days worldwide. The following three bundles are available depending on the value of your gadgets.
- £500 phone and £500 laptop or gadget
- £750 phone and £750 laptop or gadget
- £750 phone and £1,500 laptop or gadget
Endsleigh are the UK's No. 1 insurance provider for students and are the only insurance provider recommended by NUS. Over the last 50 years they have used their expertise to help shape their products, services, contents and tools around their customers’ needs.
They understand that protecting and replacing gadgets quickly is hugely important to students, that’s why they introduced their 24 hour* gadget replacement promise. (If your item is lost, stolen or unrepairable they’ll replace it within 24 hours - 1 working day of your claim being approved.) Policy excesses apply.
Any losses must be reported immediately to your insurers. If theft is suspected, the Police must be called before an insurance claim can be made, as you will be required to provide a crime report number to Endsleigh.