Students outsideIf you are a non-EEA national you will need to ensure you register in person with the College to meet UK Visa and Immigration requirements. If you do not register in person you may risk your place at Imperial being suspended. 

As well as registering in person, you will also be able to:

  • Collect your Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) (if you have nominated to collect it from Imperial)
  • Scan your BRP (if you have collected it from the Post Office)
  • Book an appointment to register with the police, if you need to

All students also need to register onlinePlease contact our International Student Support team if you have any questions about visas or immigration issues.

In-person registration

When do I need to attend in-person registration?

September starters

Please check your induction timetable to see when you need to attend your in-person registration session.

October starters

In 2016, in-person registration sessions ran from Monday 26 September to Friday 30 September 2016 and Monday 3 October to Friday 7 October 2016.

You will receive an email in early September asking you to book a slot to attend an in-person registration session. Please make sure you check your Department induction schedule before booking a slot, to ensure it doesn’t clash with any sessions.

What do I need to bring to in-person registration?

You will need to bring:

  • The passport you used to enter the UK
  • Any immigration documents that are not contained in your passport (e.g. refugee status letter, Biometric Residence Permit).
    If you have made a visa application but are yet to receive your visa you should bring evidence of the application, such as a biometric letter or visa application cover sheet.

If you need to book a police registration appointment you will also need to bring with you:

  • Completed Police Registration (OVRO) form
  • One passport sized photograph (please do not attach this to the form – we will do this for you)

For information and help about completing the Police Registration (OVRO) form [pdf] please see our International Student Support team's help sheet [pdf].