Tsinghua Summer Schools
Funded places are available for two of Tsinghua University’s exciting 2017 Summer School programmes!
- ‘Experiencing China’ 16 – 28 July
- ‘Environment’ 6 – 19 August
This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to spend two weeks in Beijing, studying at one of the world’s leading universities in Science and Technology!
Study with students from all over the world and make memories, friendships and connections for life! Experience university in China and of course, life in Beijing, with world famous historic sites such as the Great Wall, Tiananmen Square and the Forbidden City at your doorstep!
Please direct any queries about these programmes to: email@example.com
|'Experiencing China’ 16 – 28 July||‘Environment’ 6– 19 August|
This two week academic and cultural programme is designed to provide students with an international learning experience as well as an insight into Chinese culture.
In addition to a range of cultural activities on and around campus, the programme will combine lectures, group collaborations, problem-solving, team projects and fieldwork, covering the areas of economics, environment, international relations and history.
This programme offers a cultural insight into China with a focus on environmental issues. Lectures and discussions will be centred on themes such as Clean Energy, Air Pollution, Waste Water Management, Urban Sustainability and Climate Change.
Activities will include site visits and field trips (including a trip to the Great Wall of China!), a group innovation challenge project, as well as cultural excursions and social activities.
Successful students will receive a scholarship to cover all necessary costs of undertaking the Summer School including:
-Accommodation (student housing)
-visa (if applicable)
-local travel to Tsinghua
Participants are responsible for funding extra costs such as social activities or further travel.
Bursary payments will be administered by the International Relations Office.
Who can apply?
- Both summer school programmes are open to all 1st or 2nd year students from all disciplines of study. No specific background in the topics of the programmes is required, but students should have an interest in learning more about China and/or the environment.
- Students must be 18 years and over
- Applicants should have (or be on track to have) an average grade of 2.1
- Since one of the main aims of these programmes is to provide an opportunity to visit China and experience Chinese culture, preference will be given to applicants who do not have previous experience in China
- Both programmes taught in English
Successful applicants will:
- Explain how they will benefit academically and personally from the programme their application
- Demonstrate enthusiasm for engaging with China and Tsinghua University
- Be willing to be a good ambassador for Imperial and be willing to communicate their experiences on the programme to other students after they return
For the Environment Programme
- Show an awareness of China’s current environment situation and a willingness to engage with current topics in this area
Applications have now closed for 2017
- Complete the online application form
- Include contact details of an academic referee
Please note, it is possible to apply to both programmes, however successful applicants will be allocated a place on one programme only.