The College’s Facebook page is for the Imperial community and anyone interested in the College. If you ‘Like’ our page, you can expect news stories, updates about things going on and College life in general, invitations to events or for feedback and alerts about new content on our website. We encourage you to leave comments, photos, videos and links and join in daily conversations. We aim to keep discussion as open as possible and will not attempt to exclude or edit critical opinions. However, to protect this service from abuse, ideas and comments must satisfy some basic conditions.
In order for this dialogue to comply with our policy your posts, comments or links to external websites should not include:
- potentially libellous, false, or defamatory statements
- any commercial endorsement, promotion of any product, service or publication
- language and material which is offensive, extreme, or provocative. This not only includes obvious swear words and insults, but any language to which people reading it could reasonably take offence
- hate speech, threatening, or pornographic; incites violence; or contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence.
Please also ensure that your ideas and comments:
- are respectful of others – comments should not be malicious or offensive in nature, and should not constitute a personal attack on a person's character
- don't incite hatred on the basis of race, religion, gender, nationality or sexuality or other personal characteristics
- don't reveal personal details, such as private addresses, phone numbers, email addresses or other online contact details
- don't break the law – this includes libel, condoning illegal activity, and breaking copyright
- are reasonably concise, and don't constitute spamming of the site
- are relevant – please don't post messages unrelated to this channel or the subject under discussion
Repetitive posts and comments on posts which are of an unrelated subject will be considered to be spam and removed at the College’s discretion.
Posts and comments which do not adhere to these guidelines will be deleted and repeat offenders will leave us no choice but to block them from our page
Comments posted by others on the Imperial College London page do not reflect the opinions of Imperial College London or its employees.
The page is managed by Imperial’s Communications & Public Affairs Division and is monitored during office hours, Monday to Friday.
We reserve the right to delete ideas and comments that breach our guidelines, and to suspend the ability to comment at any time.