Awards of up to £3000 in any sport to those with potential to reach world-class performance in Olympic and World Championship sports only.
Awards up to £3000
Available to students studying during 2016/17 academic year
- Application deadline 26 August
- Interviews week commencing 12–16 September (am/pm)
The TOPSport scholarship is available to athletes competing in Olympic and World Championship sports with world-class performance potential. The scholarship will ensure that you are able to mee the high demands of academic life, as well as being able to commit to necessary training and competitions schedules.
Last year we had 12 students receive a TOPS scholarships.
"The scholarship programme at Imperial is fantastic. As I am largely self-funded, it has enabled me to continue to train and compete at a high level - something I wouldn't have been able to afford otherwise.
Zoe Robinson - Medicine Graduate,
GB Fencing - Women's Sabre"
About the scholarship
You must meet the following criteria to be eligible for a scholarship
- performing to a high standard in your chosen sport
- have aspirations to compete nationally and internationally representing Imperial in BUCS or other approved competitions
- scholarships are available to current and prospective students*
- scholarships are available whether you are studying as an undergraduate or a postgraduate
- you must make satisfactory progress academically
- you must reapply annually to have your scholarship renewed
* prospective students should check which year of entry the current round of scholarships are being awarded. You cannot apply for a scholarship a year in advance.
You can be awarded up to the maximum of £3000 from the TOPSport scheme.
As well as the funding, we are also able to offer the following benefits to our scholars:
- strength and conditioning session
- physiotherapy and sports massage sessions
- Sport Imperial branded kit
- access to lifestyle support
- access to skills workshop
- access to a sports psychologist
- access to a nutrition advisor
- opportunity to win 'Scholar of the Month'
Any financial support received can only be used for the following areas:
- competition and training expenses (travel, event accommodation etc.)
- kit and equipment
Our expectations - terms and conditions
In return for this support, you will be required to:
- represent Imperial in all British University and Colleges Sports (BUCS) competitions
- be available for selection for all other representative student sport events
- keep Sport Imperial fully informed of progress and results
- acknowledge support of Sport Imperial in all communications with the media
- provide end of season review for website and other promotional materials
How to apply
"Please note: This round of scholarships are only for students undertaking courses at Imperial in the 2017/18 academic year. If you are starting Imperial in September 2018, please apply next year."
- Complete the application form online
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited to an informal interview and informed of decisions in writing
Application deadline: 31 August 2017
Interview dates : TBC