If you are an outstanding early-career scientist looking for an opportunity to focus on research and establish your scientific independence on a competitive salary, then the Imperial College Research Fellowship scheme could help you consolidate your standing in the scientific community and make the leap from post-doc to permanent lecturer.
- The scheme is for you if you have four years or less of academic post-doctoral research experience when you apply.
- Applications are invited in all subject areas that have a strong research base at the College; Fellowships are awarded across the College in all Faculties.
- Each Fellow sets and directs their own research agenda.
- There are no restrictions on nationality; if you are offered a Fellowship you will be provided with support from the College to obtain the necessary permission to work in the UK.
- A competitive salary.
- A contribution toward research and travel costs (up to £45,000) is also provided.
- Your sponsor will be crucial in helping to establish your research independence and will provide individual mentoring as well as the space and equipment needed for your research.
- You will be provided with career development and cohort activities including a welcome event, development days, and one-to-one coaching from our Postdoc Development Centre.
- You may spend up to a total of 12 months visiting other research institutions and/or in industry including those overseas.