Fabiana Gordon - Senior Statistical Consultant
Dr Fabiana Gordon
Department: Statistical Advisory Service, Imperial College London
Position: Senior Statistical Consultant
Subject Area: Statistical consulting in the field of medical statistics, industry, sociology
Research: Models with Discrete dependent variables, Hierarchical Models applied to Medical and Social Sciences, Markov Chain Monte Carlo Methods, Switching and Sample Selection Models, Time Series.
Imperial College London
1. Gordon F. Modelling daily observations using Splines, 1998. Mathematica Notae, Instituto de Matematica Beppo Levi, Vol. 39.
2. Dan Shears, Simon Nadel, Julia Gledhill, Fabiana Gordon, M Elena Garralda (2007) Psychiatric adjustment in the year after meningococcal disease in childhood - Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, 46 (1): 76-82 JAN 2007
3. Comparison of multidetector row computed tomography (MDCT) and conventional selective pulmonary angiography for the detection of pulmonary arteriovenous malformations (PAVMs), April 2007. European Radiology Conference. Abstract.
4. Helena M Gardiner, Cristian Belmar , Gerald Tulzer, Anna Barlow, Lucia Pasquini Julene S Carvalho , Piers EF Daubeney, Michael L Rigby, Fabiana Gordon, Elena Kulinskaya, Rodney C Franklin. Morphologic and Functional Predictors of Eventual Circulation in the Fetus With Pulmonary Atresia or Critical Pulmonary Stenosis With Intact Septum. The Journal of the American College of Cardiology, 2008; 51:1299-1308.
5. B. Siddiqui, L. Wandrag, F. Gordon, J. O’Flynn, M. Hickson. Identifying the factors which influence energy deficit in the adult intensive care unit, March 2008. British Dietetic Association. Abstract
6. Chang, V. C.-Y., Gordon, F., Shuttleworth, M., & Saldanha, G. (2008). Translators' ocular measures and cognitive loads during translation [Abstract].June 2008. Journal of Vision, 8(6):647, 647a, http://journalofvision.org/8/6/647/, doi:10.1167/8.6.647.
7. Tyrer, P., Gordon, F., Nourmand, S., Lawrence, M., Curran, C., Southgate, D., Kaleekal, J., Oruganti, B., Tyler, M., Tottle, S., North, B., Kulinskaya, E., & Morgan, J. (2009) A controlled comparison of the introduction of a crisis resolution and home treatment team- in press, Psychiatric Bulletin.
8. B. Siddiqui, L. Wandrag, F. Gordon, J. O'Flynn, M. Hickson. "Identifying the factors which influence energy deficit in the adult intensive care unit: a mixed linear model analysis". Journal of Human Nutrition and Dietetics , June 2009.
9. P. Bourdillon, F. Gordon. "Circadian Variation in QT Interval Demonstrating Assay Sensitivity in a Phase I Clinical Trial ". Drug Information Journal, 2010, Vol.44, pp. 1-7.
10. P. Ford ,A. Durham, R Russell, F. Gordon, I. Adcock,P. Barnes. " Treatment effects of low dose theophylline combined with an inhaled corticosteroid in COPD", CHEST Journal, 2010.
11. E. A. Brown, L. Johansson, K. Farrington, H. Gallagher, T. Sensky, F. Gordon, M.Da Silva-Gane, N. Beckett and M. Hickson . "Broadening Options for Long-term Dialysis in the Elderly (BOLDE): differences in quality of life on peritoneal dialysis compared to haemodialysis for older patients". Nephrology Dialysis Transplantation Journal, April 2010.
12. Narayan Karunanithy, Fabiana Gordon, Marina Hodolic, Adil Al-Nahhas, Harpreet S. Wasan, Nagy Habib, Nicholas P. Tait. "Embolization of Hepatic Arterial Branches to Simplify Hepatic Blood Flow Before Yttrium 90 Radioembolization: A Useful Technique in the Presence of Challenging Anatomy". Clinical Investigation Journal, June 2010.
13. B. E Schreiber, J. Fukutaand, F. Gordon. “Live lecture versus video podcast in undergraduate medical education: A randomised controlled trial”. BMC Medical Education, October 2010.
14. M. Crawford, L.Thana, C. Methuen, P. Ghosh, S. Stanley, J. Ross, F. Gordon, G. Blair, and P. Bajaj. " Impact of screening for suicidal ideation in primary care: randomised controlled trial". , British Journal of Psychiatry , January 2011.
16. B. Siddiqui, L. Wandrag, F. Gordon, J. O’Flynn, M. Hickson. "Identifying the factors which influence energy deficit in the adult intensive care unit: a mixed linear model analysis”. S Journal of Human Nutrition and Dietetics , February 2011,Vol.24, Issue 3,pp. 215-22..
17. A. Ramasamy, A.Hill , S. Masourosa, F. Gordon, J. Claspera, A.Bulla, “Evaluating the effect of vehicle modification in reducing injuries from landmine blasts. An analysis of 2212 incidents and its application for humanitarian purposes”, Accident Analysis and Prevention, May 2011.
18. Fabiana Gordon. “Predicting energy deficit in the adult intensive care unit: A Random Coefficients approach”. Symposium on Recent Advances in Methods for the Analysis of Panel Data ,ISCTE-IUL, Lisbon University Institute, Portugal, 15-16 June 2011.
19. Alister J. Hart, John A. Skinner, Johann Henckel, Barry Sampson and Fabiana Gordon "Insufficient Acetabular Version Increases Blood Metal Ion Levels after Metal- on metal Hip Resurfacing".Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research, June 2011, Vol. 469, Issue 6.
20. O'Regan DP, Ariff B, Baksi AJ, Gordon F, Durighel G, Cook SA. “Salvage assessment with cardiac MRI following acute myocardial infarction underestimates potential for recovery of systolic strain”. European Radiology, Nov. 2012..
21. P. Habibi, M. Chowdhury, H. Bland, Chris Pearson; S. McKenzie, C. Pao, S. Carr, A. Shah, L. Reus, J. Eliahoo and Fabiana Gordon. “Heliox Therapy in Bronchiolitis: Phase III Multi-centre Double-blind Randomized Controlled Trial (BREATHE study)”.Pedriatics, Dec. 2012
22. Markus Sikkel, Kenneth MacLeod and Fabiana Gordon. “Hierarchical Statistical Analysis Reduces The Risk of Type I Error in Cardiomyocyte Studies”. Circulation AHA, March 2013.
23. David M. Lowe, Molebogeng X. Rangaka, Fabiana Gordon, Chris D. James and Robert F. Miller. “Pneumocystis jirovecii Pneumonia in Tropical and Low and Middle Income Countries: A Systematic Review and Meta-Regression”.PLOS, Aug. 2013.
24. Kirkham PA, Whiteman M, Winyard PG, Caramori G, Gordon F, Ford P., Barnes PJ, Adcock IM and Chung KF. “Impact of theophylline/corticosteroid combination therapy on sputum H2S levels in patients with COPD”. European Respiratory Journal. Jan 2014.
25. Ng FS., Holzem KM., Koppel AC., Janks D., Gordon F., Wit AL., Peters NS., Efimov IR. “Adverse Remodeling of the Electrophysiological Response to Ischemia-Reperfusion in Human Heart Failure Is Associated with Remodeling of Metabolic Gene Expression”. Circulation Arrhythmia Electrophysiology. 2014 Oct;7(5):875-82
26. Hassan Harajli, Fabiana Gordon. “Willingness to pay for green power in an unreliable electricity sector: Part 2. The case of the Lebanese commercial sector”. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews. Vol. 50, October 2015.