The MSc in Quantum Engineering consists of three elements. The following gives an indication of the course content:
- Core courses (accounting for 38% of the overall course mark);
- Option courses (accounting for 21% of the overall course mark);
- Project (accounting for 41% of the overall course mark).
Term 1 Core Modules (Total 30 ECTS)
- Tools for Quantum Engineering (Theory) – 6 ECTS;
- Tools forQuantum Engineering (Laboratory) - 4 ECTS;
- Systems Engineering - 7 ECTS;
- Quantum Information and Post Quantum Cryptography – 5 ECTS;
- Atoms and Photons – 5 ECTS;
- Quantum Engineering Laboratory – 3 ECTS.
Term 2 (Total 18 ECTS)
Optional lecture courses made up of selecting from the following list:
- Platforms for Quantum Technology (Thompson) – 6 ECTS;
- Information Theory (Ling) – 6 ECTS;
- Metrology and Navigation for QE (Oxborrow) – 6 ECTS;
- Frontiers in Photonics Technology (Tisch/Popov) – 6 ECTS
- Option offered elsewhere in the College (with the permission of the mentor and the director of the Quantum Engineering MSc) – 6 ECTS.
Term 3 and summer period: Project Work
- Entrepreneurship – 2 ECTS.
- Innovation for QE (Business School) – 2 ECTS.
Compulsory project work:
- Project literature review and project plan.
- Industry internship
- Full time project work - 38 ECTS.