The innovative new curriculum at LKCMedicine was designed collaboratively with the London Office Curriculum Development team working closely with LKCMedicine Faculty in Singapore. This process began shortly after the signing of the Imperial-NTU Collaboration Agreement in October 2010. This involved a comprehensive review of the Imperial curriculum and of curricula internationally as well as local needs assessment in Singapore. This has resulted in a bespoke, innovative programme which combines many elements of the Imperial MBBS programme; enhanced and contextualised for Singapore.
The team in the London Office of LKCMedicine have responsibility for design and delivery of the curriculum to expert educators in Singapore and retains oversight of ongoing curriculum development as the school grows in size and prominence.
The team co-ordinates the activities of expert academics and clinicians from Imperial College London in the preparation of curriculum materials, including the creation and editing of 300 narrated powerpoint slides, iBooks, course guides and timetables. The team also helps support both the design and content of assessments. Members of the team collaborate with our colleagues from Singapore and attend joint committee meetings using state of the art video conference facilities. In addition, senior members of the team regularly visit Singapore to support the local teaching team in the delivery and development of the curriculum.
The London office also undertakes medical education research, and members of the team have presented their findings at conferences in Texas, Prague, Cambridge (UK) and Singapore. The team reports both research and evaluation findings to senior faculty at Imperial College and LKCMedicine, enhancing the delivery of undergraduate teaching and the development of innovation in both institutions.
The London Office curriculum development team
Dr Naomi Low-Beer - Vice-Dean (Education), LKCMedicine
+44 (0)20 7594 2011
- Vice-Dean (Education) of LKCMedicine
- Senior Clinical Lecturer at Imperial College and Consultant Gynaecologist at Chelsea and Westminster Hospital, London
- Oversees development of curriculum and assessment materials and associated regulatory processes
- Based in Singapore to coordinate the implementation of the curriculum as the School moves into its operational phase
Dr Anna Romito - Curriculum Development Lead
+44 (0)20 7594 2025
- Leads the Curriculum Team based in the London Office in producing the curriculum for LKCMedicine to meet Singapore’s future healthcare needs
- Coordinates and assists the Imperial team in the development of educational materials, evaluation and assessment processes, in collaboration with LKCMedicine faculty in Singapore
- Reports progress to the Vice Dean Education and Project Manager
Dr Katie Swalwell - Curriculum Development Fellow
+44 (0)20 7594 2033
- Works within the Curriculum Team developing and reviewing curriculum material for LKCMedicine
- Involved in educational research related to the project
- Supports Curriculum Development Leads
Dr Charlotte Lance and Dr Francesca Paltenghi - Curriculum Development Fellows
- Works within the Curriculum Team developing and reviewing curriculum and assessment material for LKCMedicine
- Supports Curriculum Development Lead