Leica TCS SP5 II confocal microscope
Six precision lenses
- 10x dry; 20x dry; 40x dry
- 20x Imm. 40x Imm and 63x Imm
- A greater choice of lenses for maximum flexibility
Eight laser excitation lines
- 405nm, 458nm, 476nm, 488nm, 496nm, 514nm, 543nm, 633nm
- Allows a wide array of fluorochromes to be used in your experiment
Three ultrasensitive adjustable photo-multiplier tubes for fluorescence detection
- Ranging: 380nm-800nm
- Increased specificity for emission detection, reducing background noise and increasing resolution
Live cell imaging
- Heated chamber
- CO2 control with variable flow rate
- XYZ axis real time scanning
- Z-axis image stacking
- 'Fly through' 3D images and videos
- Line averaging and image averaging to increase signal specificity and decrease background noise
- Sequential scanning options to remove 'bleed-through' of signals
- For more information about data analysis, please see our confocal data analysis page
We have a workstation available to analyse your data generated from Flow Cytometry or Confocal Imaging. It has many software packages available for both quantitative and qualitative data analysis. Please contact Jordie Roberts (email@example.com) for more information.
Confocal data analysis
Free software available from the NIH which sets the standard for biological image analysis, featuring many plugins to suit a wide array of analysis methods.
Fluorescence resonance energy transfer (FRET) is an interaction between the electronic excited states of two fluorescent molecules in which excitation is transferred from a donor molecule to an acceptor molecule, this occurs without the emission of a photon. The whole reaction is dependent on the distance between the molecules.
Image 5D is a useful plugin for the analysis of images within: X, Y, channel (colour), slice (Z) and frame (t). It can be very useful in analysing images acquired during time-lapse imaging.
Leica Application Suite Advanced Fluorescence (LAS AF)
Easy to use software for the analysis of .LIF files produced by Leica upright and confocal microscopes. The software provides basic functionality for the analysis of your images.