Contact Imperial 600
For information about Imperial 600 or for a confidential discussion relating to LGBT+ issues in the workplace, please email Caz Ulley and Dan Smith, the Co-Chairs of Imperial 600.
Imperial 600 was established in 2006 to support lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender staff at the College. The group’s name reflects the estimation that around 10% of the UK’s population is LGBT – in 2006 this equalled 600 of Imperial's 6,000 staff.
Imperial 600 today remains an active staff network, providing a forum for members (LGBTQIA staff and postgraduate students, as well as straight allies) to come together in an inclusive, welcoming environment.
We also offer support to enhance the experience and visibility of network members through:
- Signposting relevant welfare services.
- Intervention to support the improvement of internal policies and practices.
- Representation, alongside other staff networks, on relevant College committees to promote equality with regards to LGBTQIA staff.
- Providing a confidential point of contact for staff to raise issues or to discuss any concerns they may have in relation to LGBTQIA issues.
- Organising events to raise awareness of the network.
Join Imperial 600 mailing list
To stay up to date with news and events for Imperial 600 members please join our mailing list by following the steps below:
- Enter your email and other details within the section of this Mailman form titled 'Subscribing to Imperial600-News' (ignore all the other sections).
- Confirm your subscription by clicking the relevant link in the email you receive after your registration (check your spam/clutter/junk folder in case it ends up here).
To change your email preferences or to unsubscribe from the list, please see the Imperial 600 mailman subscriptions settings guide [PDF].
We hold regular events for Imperial 600 network members. This includes events to raise awareness of the network and celebrate diversity such as marching in the Pride in London parade, which we will be doing this year on Saturday 8 July 2017.
Subscribe to the Imperial 600 mailing list for details of how to join us, as well as information on other upcoming network events.
Imperial 600 Committee
Imperial 600 Committee meetings are open to all network members to attend. These are an opportunity for you to hear updates on network activity, contribute to discussions around diversity issues in the workplace and feed into future network developments.
The meetings are chaired by the Imperial 600 co-Chairs and run to an agenda, which we make available about a week before on our events page:
- Dan Smith, co-Chair
- Caz Ulley, co-Chair
The next committee meeting will be on Wednesday 28 June 2017, 12.00–13.00, SALC 8, Level 5 Sherfield Building, South Kensington Campus.
"I believe passionately that our diversity is the key to Imperial’s success and that we all have the right to be judged purely on our merits. The College has made great progress in the past and I am sure has more to do in the future. I look forward to playing my part." Muir Sanderson, Chief Financial Officer, Executive Sponsor for Imperial 600