Placements and Scholarships
There are opportunities to work on collaborative projects with a number of non-academic partners.
Top-up funding may be available during secondments at the following institutes (the exact periods of which will be decided depending on the nature of projects):
- NPL, UK (quantum metrology and quantum sensors)
- NTT, Japan (quantum computation/communications and quantum optics)
- National Institute of Informatics, Japan (quantum computation/ communications)
- Toshiba UK (quantum communications)
- Laser Quantum UK (attosecond dynamics)
The following institutes may provide full/partial studentships:
- DSTL (quantum sensors and quantum metrology)
- Diamond (attosecond dynamics)
- Central Laser facility (attosecond dynamics)
Secondment possibilities will be available in the following places:
- ELI-HU, Hungary (attosecond dynamics)
- ColdQuanta (cold atoms and atom chips)
Students interested in any of the above opportunities should indicate this on their applications.