Medico-legal skills course
19 - 20 June 2017
- Duration: 2 days
- £500 before 19 May 2017
- £600 after 19 May 2017
A 2-day short course designed for nurses, hospital consultants, GPs and any other health professionals:
- Writing medico-legal reports
- Investigating complaints and claims
- Practising court room skills
- Learn about the structure of the English Legal System
- Appreciate basic elements of risk management and safety
- Receive a real case file and write a medico-legal report
- Be interviewed by a solicitor at a mock client conference
- Face cross examination by a barrister in a mock court
- Meet with lawyers who practice in this field
Participants have the opportunity to work on their own expert witness reports during this course. Please bring along a laptop and/or memory stick to do this.
Those who submit a report on the second day, will receive individual feedback and have the opportunity to be cross-examined during the final session.
Who should attend?
A 2-day short course designed for nurses, hospital consultants, GPs and any other health professionals.
Comments from past participants
"Good course; informative."
"Very entertaining with high quality speakers."