Advanced process automation
11 - 15 July 2016
**Pre requisites: To undertake this module applicants normally must have also taken the‘Maths & Matlab module which is also offered via the CPD route**
Jon Love, Prof Gary Montague, Julian Morris, Dr Zaid Rawi
To provide an understanding of the statistical techniques and database technologies that enable management information to be abstracted from historic and real-time data for decision support.
Who should attend?
- To develop a deep understanding of the application of statistical techniques to process control.
- To study relational databases and the concepts upon which they are based.
- To become familiar with the principles of computer integrated manufacturing (CIM) systems and production management.
- To introduce the use of real-time databases for decision support.
- To provide an introduction to linear programming as a basis for the CME 8390 module on Optimisation and Scheduling.
- To provide an introduction to some of the technologies involved in the CME 8386 module on Fuzzy, Neural and Expert Systems.
This module is of one week's full-time intensive study consisting of a variety of lectures, informal tutorials for problem solving and structured computer-based laboratory work. The time allocation for practical work provides for hands-on experience of querying databases using SQL.