There are two condensed matter theory groups in the Physics and Mathematics departments. Together, we form one of the largest groupings of theorists in the UK working on a wide range of topics in condensed matter physics.
- The CMTH group has several studentships available each year.
- Centre for Doctoral Training in Theory and Simulation of Materials
- 12 research studentships starting in October
- Research Project Summaries
- Postgraduate Courses in Condensed Matter Theory
- How to apply to the Condensed Matter Theory (CMTH) group
- Physics Department Postgraduate Admissions page includes information on the department-wide open day.
- The condensed matter theory group in Mathematics have their own admissions procedure.
CMTH Group Open Day
25th Jan 2017. 12pm-2pm, Huxley building room 711c.
The CMTH Group invites all prospective PhD students for a visit. There is a brief presentation, followed by an informal chat with staff and students over lunch. If you are coming from outside Imperial College, please contact us (j.didone at imperial.ac.uk) beforehand so that we can better arrange your visit. We can also organise a separate visit to the research group if necessary.