CSB Open Day
The Open Day is an annual event that brings together members of the CSB and outside speakers for talks, poster sessions, facility updates, networking and socialising. It showcases research achievements and technical developments and gives members of the CSB the chance to get to know each other's interests better, to strike up collaborations and welcome new members.
CSB Open Day 2016
CSB Open Day 2014
This year's Open Day will take place on Friday 6 June from 10:30 am to 6:00 pm in room G34, Sir Alexander Fleming building. The programme has now been finalized. As has become tradition, we have three external and three internal speakers:
- David Komander (MRC-LMB, Cambridge) – Mechanisms, roles and regulation of deubiquitinase
- David Charles (Imperial) – Regulation of flowering by TFL1
- Roland Riek (ETH, Zürich) – Amyloidogenic and membrane proteins by solid-state NMR
- Yilmaz Alguel (Imperial) – A human anion exchanger: structure, function and disease
- Harry Low (Imperial) – Structure of a type IV secretion system
- Juri Rappsilber (Wellcome Trust Centre for Cell Biology, University of Edinburgh) – Structural analysis of proteins in their native environments (by Mass Spectrometry), fact or fiction?
The day will include lunch and coffee breaks with the chance to discuss posters and end with a drinks reception. All are welcome.
Thanks to generous support by Rigaku and Oxford Cryosystems, the three best posters will receive prizes.
Previous Open Days
You can download programs of previous Open Days below.
- 30 May 2013 Programme
- 20 September 2012 Programme - Huxley Building, Enter from Queensgate, See Map
- 30 September 2011 Programme
- 24 September 2010 Programme
- 2 October 2009 Programme
- 28 September 2008 Programme
- 28 September 2007 Programme
- 28 September 2006 Programme
- 28 September 2005 Programme
- 2004 Programme and Posters