The Centre for Bio-Inspired Technology hosts a Cleanroom Suite for CMOS post-processing, packaging and microfluidics.
Location: Bessemer Building, B516-520
- Katarzyna Szostak ( firstname.lastname@example.org )
- Timothy Constandinou ( email@example.com )
- Sanjiv Sharma ( firstname.lastname@example.org )
The Centre has a suite of two ISO class 6 cleanrooms (equivalent to US standards class 1000). These have been designed to support CE Marking/FDA approvals, to class 100/1000 to develop biosensor devices, electrode and microfluidic fabrication and packaging/post-processing of CMOS chips. The largest room, the ‘yellow’ room, houses most of the fabrication tools/processes and all relevant inspection and measurement facilities. This includes photolithography (SUSS MA6/BA6), sputtering/evaporation for film deposition of metals/oxides (BOC Edwards Auto 500), surface characterisation (Veeco Dektak 6M stylus profiler), plasma chamber, wet and dry benches, parylene conformal coating (SCS parylene deposition), microscopy and wirebonding.
- Suss Microtec MA6/BA6 mask aligner and bond aligner
- BOC Edwards Auto 500 coating system
- Veeco Dektak 6M stylus profiler stage