How to apply
Applications for the Global Summer School are open until 23:59 BST (British Summer Time) on the 28th of April. To apply, please complete our online application form.
Applications will close at 23:59 BST (British Summer Time) on the 28th of April. Any applications received after this time will not be considered.
If you are thinking about applying in 2018, you can register your interest to be emailed when applications open in January 2018.
Please read the following guidance before you apply:
- To complete the online application form, you will need to provide: some personal details, information about your school, and a personal statement detailing why you want to attend this Summer School.
- The application form has to be completed in one attempt; it is not possible to save it and return later.
- The application form will time out if it is not completed after a period of inactivity so please ensure you complete the form in one attempt so your work is not lost.
- You will have the opportunity to upload the required documentation after submitting the application form. If you are not able to do this then please email your documents to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Once you have submitted your files and clicked 'Done' on the file upload page, your parents and referee will receive verification emails. Once they have verified their details, your application will be complete.
- We recommend that you write your personal statement before you begin the application form and then copy it into the appropriate box.
- The personal statement should demonstrate your motivation for applying to the Summer School.
- You might like to consider including information about why you are interested in the Summer School, your future ambitions, what skills you already have and what skills you want to develop further.
- There is a limit of 2,000 characters for the personal statement.
You will be required to provide the following documents to support your application:
- Up-to-date transcript of your most recent school or college grades. Where this is not available, further information from your teacher, tutor, school counsellor or equivalent would be required.
- Letter of support and recommendation from your teacher, tutor, school counsellor or equivalent – see the templates provided below.
- Proof of competency in English (e.g. IELTS), if your first language is not English or English is not the language in which you are taught at school.
All successful applicants will also be required to provide a signed letter of consent from their parent or guardian. If offered a place, students and parents/guardians will also be required to sign a Code of Conduct for the Summer School.
Letter of support and recommendation
Part of the supporting documentation we require is a letter of support and recommendation from your teacher, tutor, or equivalent. Teachers can download a reference form as a PDF or Microsoft Word document:
Some students attending the Summer School may require a visa in advance. Find out more.
Help with your application
If you experience any difficulties in applying to the Summer School, or have any queries about the process, please contact us and we will assist you.