Welcome to the Applied and Computational Complex Analysis (ACCA) Group page
The Applied and Computational Complex Analysis group of the Department of Mathematics at Imperial College London is part of a wider network of UK-based universities, the ACCA-UK network, bringing together expertise in applied and computational complex analysis challenges with a view to fostering synergetic interaction and collaboration.
March 13 and 14th 2017: Third International ACCA-UK/JP Workshop
Imperial College London
For more information, click here. General enquiries: Jordan Hauge (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The program for the event can be found here. For a list of abstracts, click here.
Including a special Colloquium lecture by Prof. Edward Saff, Vanderbilt University, USA:
"Minimal discrete energy and maximal polarization"
Tuesday March 14th, 5pm, Room 140, Huxley Building
Refreshments: 5th Floor Common Room, Huxley, 4.30pm-5pm
- Dimitrios Askitis is visiting from University of Copenhagen in period Feb-Apr, and we wish him a pleasant and fruitful stay with us at ACCA Imperial.
- ACCA Imperial Alumni: We would like to congratulate Elena Luca and Vikas Krishnamurthy on the completion of their PhD. Elena has started her post-doc at University of California San Diego (UCSD), while Vikas will be starting his post-doc at Universidade Federal de Pernambuco in Recife, Brazil. We wish them the best of luck on their future endeavours.
- "Mathematical models of microstructured optical fibre (MOF) fabrication" -- an invited seminar to be delivered by Prof. Darren Crowdy at IUSTI, Marseille (Institut Universitaire des Systemes Thermiques Industriels) on March 10 2017.
- Professor Darren Crowdy will give a Colloquium talk in the Dept of Mathematics, University of Surrey on Friday February 24th 2017
- Professor Yuri Antipov will give a seminar at Imperial College London, on 16th of November at 2 pm, in room 747 in the Huxley Building. The seminar is entitled: Riemann-Hilbert problem, Riemann Surfaces and automorphic functions in supercavitating flow.
Professor Darren Crowdy will deliver an invited Colloquium lecture at the University of British Columbia, Vancouver on November 28th 2016. The lecture is entitled: The "Hole Story" of a forgotten function, and how to use it. More details here.
Science Without Borders sandwich studentship: the ACCA group is delighted to welcome Tiago Anselmo da Silva, a PhD student from UFPE Recife, who will visit the group between Oct 2016 - Sep 2017 funded by the "Science Without Borders" programme (a "sandwich studentship").
- Upcoming: ACCA Workshop at the International Centre for Mathematical Sciences (ICMS) in Edinburgh, between May 8-12, 2017. This event is organized by Prof. Peter Clarkson (University of Kent), Prof. Darren Crowdy (Imperial College London), Prof. Thanasis Fokas (University of Cambridge), Prof. Robb McDonald (University College London) and Prof. Beatrice Pelloni (Heriot-Watt University). More details about this event can be found here.
- Professor Darren Crowdy will deliver an invited lecture at the "Holomorphic Day" event in Copenhagen, Denmark, on November 18, 2016. More details to follow here.
- The “Red Lotus Project” Workshop: an interdisciplinary meeting on heat transfer effects in superhydrophobic surface theory and related areas in Chicheley, UK, between November 1-2, 2016. This event is organized by Prof. Darren Crowdy (Imperial College London, UK), Prof. Marc Hodes (Tufts University, USA) and Prof. Demetrios Papageorgiou (Imperial College London, UK). More details about this event can be found here.
- Seminar: Dr Rhodri Nelson delivered a seminar at the Department of Earth Science and Engineering, Imperial College London, on October 21, 2016. More details can be found here.
- Dr Rhodri Nelson delivered a seminar "Potential problems in multiply-connected domains" at Univesity College London (UCL), on October 18, 2016. Abstract can be found here.
- Dr Everett Kropf delivered a guest lecture "The Potential Toolkit, an Applied Example" at Wichita State University in Wichita, Kansas, USA. Abstract can be found here.
- Workshop on micro-organisms in Stokes flows at Okayama University, Japan: Professor Darren Crowdy and Sam Brzezicki delivered invited talks in the workshop which takes place on Wednesday August 31, 2016. The workshop is organized by Dr. Kiori Obuse (Okayama University, JP). More details about this event can be found here.
- ACCA Seminar: Tomoki Uda (Kyoto University) delivered a seminar “Numerical Computation for Vortex Patch Equilibria with New Shape Derivative Formula”, on Tuesday July 12, 2016, 3-4pm, Room 747.
- Professor Darren Crowdy delivered two invited lectures as part of the LMS-sponsored Wales Mathematics Colloquium 2016 in Gregynog, Wales on May 23-25 2016.
- Dr Peter Buchak Seminar at Tufts University: ACCA-group alumnus Dr. Peter Buchak delivered a seminar "Optical fibres with elliptical channels" at the Mech. Eng. Dept at Tufts University, MA, USA on April 14 2016. Details here.
- BAMC 2016: Vikas Krishnamurthy and Elena Luca delivered talks in the British Applied Mathematics Colloquium in April 2016 in Oxford, UK.
- "Schottky-Klein prime function Day" at the International Institute of Physics workshop "Physics and Mathematics of Complex Interfaces: growing interfaces, nonlinear dynamics, integrability". Profs. Darren Crowdy and Giovani Vasconcelos led a discussion day on uses of the Schottky-Klein prime function in mathematical physics on April 6th at the IIP, Natal, Brazil.
- Professor Darren Crowdy delivered a Colloquium in the Department of Mathematics at the University of Melbourne, Australia, on March 22nd. The title of his talk is "The geometry of Fourier transforms, and how to use it". More details can be found here.
- Fluid Dynamics Seminar: "Slippage at microstructured surfaces", Dr. Clarissa Schönecker (Max Planck Institute), Friday February 26th, 2016, 4pm-5pm, Room 139, Huxley Building, Imperial College. More details can be found here.
- Special AMMP Colloquium: "Asymptotics beyond all orders: the devil's invention?", Prof. S. J. Chapman (Oxford University), Thursday February 25th, 2016, 4pm-5pm, Room 340, Huxley Building, Imperial College. More details can be found here.
- February 2016: 4th ACCA Student Chapter Meeting, Wednesday February 17th, 2016. Details (including the schedule) can be found here.
Closing Seminar by Prof. Mark Blyth from University of East Anglia: "Application of complex variable methods to some nonlinear wave problems"
- January 2016: The Second International ACCA-JP/UK Workshop took place at Kyoto University between January 18-19, 2016. More details about this event (including the programme) can be found here.
- January-February 2016: ACCA-UK members Prof. Darren Crowdy, Dr. Everett Kropf, Sam Brzezicki, Jordan Hauge and Vikas Krishnamurthy visited Kyoto University during January-February 2016. Their visit was funded by the Japan Science and Technology agency (JST) Math CREST project and Kyoto University Top Global Program. Photo album from their visit can be found here.
- Visiting Scholars: Prof. Ruben Rosales (MIT) during May-June 2016 and Prof. Bruno Carneiro da Cunha (UFPE, Brazil) during August 2016-August 2017 will be visiting Imperial College London and the ACCA-Imperial group.