Use the Panopto Personal Recorder with a Mac
To use the Panopto Personal Recorder with a Mac, follow these steps:
- Connect your audio visual equipment before you open Panopto. Make sure you have a built in or external microphone or Panopto will not work.
- Locate the Panopto icon on your desktop and double click on it.
- Ensure imperial.cloud.panopto.eu is entered in the Server Address field and click Log in with ic.ac.uk.
- Enter imperial.cloud.panopto.eu in the Server Address box.
- Click on the ic.ac.uk button.
- Enter your College username and password and click Login. You do not need to type ic.ac.uk\ before your username.
- Click on Create a new recording.
- Choose a Folder, click the drop down menu and select your folder.
- Give the session a title. (The date and time are entered as the Session Name by default. You may keep this or change it.)
- Tick Record Keynote/PowerPoint if you want to record them. This will ensure that any Keynote or PowerPoint files are recorded an each navigation thumbnail will represent one slide from the presentation.
- Tick Record Capture Screen to record your screen as well.
- Select either your built in microphone or external microphone as the recording device for audio.. You must have an audio device connected, whether built in or external otherwise Panopto will not work (you can mute it).
- Select either your built in webcam or your external camera as the recording device for video.
- Click Start Recording.
- Wait a few moments. When you see the word Recording you will know that Panopto has started to record.
- Click the yellow button to minimise the Panopto window and create your screen capture, as it does not minimise automatically. To pause or stop the recording, access the Panopto window by clicking on the Panopto icon in the task bar below and press Pause or Stop. Click Resume to continue recording.
- Press the Stop button when you want to finish recording.
- Watch the progress of your recording via the recording status window that will automatically pop up.
- Wait for the upload to complete and be verified by the Panopto server before logging out. You will know that the upload has been completed when you see the word Completed or Completed - Processing.
If you have requested to be notified via email when your recording is complete, you will receive an email. Mac recording can take a long time to process (much longer than PC recordings) as the files need to be encoded from Mac files to Windows-based files.
Alternatively you can always access your capture via the server.