Follow these instructions to set up a Virtual Private Network (VPN) connection on your Windows 7 machine:
- Click on the Start button in the toolbar.
- Type Network and Sharing Center in the Search field and press Enter.
- Choose Set up a new connection or network under the heading Change your network settings on the main page.
- Choose Connect to a workplace from the new dialog box and click Next.
- Select Use my Internet connection.
- Type vpn.ic.ac.uk in the Internet address field.
- Type Imperial College VPN in the Destination name field and click Next.
- Enter your College username and password in the relevant fields on the next screen and click Connect.
The connection has now been created and will be saved and displayed in your list of connections.