Frequently asked questions for email
My academic timetable is not syncing correctly on Office 365. How do I fix it?
If your academic timetable is not synchronising correctly with the calendar in your Office 365 email account, it is likely to be due to the time zone settings. You can remedy this by following these steps:
- Login to www.imperial.ac.uk/office365.
- Click on the Settings cog and click Options.
- Click Settings and then click Regional in the left hand navigation bar.
- Click the arrow in the Current time zone box and then click UTC (the correct time zone setting).
- Click Save.
If the problem persists, contact the ICT Service Desk.
Why won't my email send to this particular internal recipient?
When you type an address in the Address field in a New Message/Reply or Forward in Microsoft Outlook, the dropdown list shows you people you have emailed before. For internal recipients on the Exchange server this list isn't linked to an email address, but an Exchange link so if the mailbox moves, the link can break and the email won't send.
To solve this problem, follow these steps:
- Highlight the name.
- Press delete or click on the small cross.
- Find the recipient again using the Address Book.
How do I set up Online Archiving on Office 365?
Go to Archiving emails.
How do I search both mailboxes (my main mailbox and my archive mailbox) on Office 365?
Enter your search criteria and change the dropdown box to All Mailboxes.
How do I manage my mailing lists on Office 365?
Go to the Support section on Creating and managing a mailing list.
How do I access my calendars that were in a public folder but have now been moved to a shared mailbox?
What is Clutter?
Go to Using Clutter.
Why are groups disabled on Office 365?
We have disabled groups on Office 365 due to a security issue.
My mobile device is asking me about Active Sync after reconfiguring my email settings. What do I do?
Accept the prompt. The settings are exactly the same as they were previously for connecting to Imperial’s old Exchange servers. If you choose not to accept, your email software will not work effectively.
How do I publish my calendar?
To publish your calendar, follow these steps:
- Go to your default calendar.
- Click Publish Online and then Publish This Calendar.
- Login in to www.imperial.ac.uk/office365 using your College credentials.
- Click on the gearwheel icon in the top right hand side of the window and select Options.
- Select Publish Calendar under the Calendar heading.
- Choose the calendar you'd like to share and the permissions you'd like to add and click Save. You will be provided with a link to share with your collaborators.
Why do I receive a 'email cannot be delivered' message when I email a specific person?
This error is due to his Outlook Address Book cache. If you select the recipient from the Address Book, rather than using Outlook’s autocomplete feature, the problem should resolve itself.
Why are meeting rooms not displayed on Outlook Web Access?
Outlook Web Access (OWA) only shows the rooms available for the time you have selected. When you schedule a meeting, you will have the option to add all pf the meeting rooms and view their availability.
Why is my calendar slow to show the availability of other people?
This delay appears to affect a small number of users and disappears after a couple of days. We are working with Microsoft to determine the root of the problem and implement a solution as soon as possible.