The Fellowship involves two main tasks:
1. Synthesis of a prospectus for research, skills and training needs across the UK energy landscape
The prospectus is intended to inform the development of the Research Councils Energy Programme. It was published in November 2013 and will be maintained and updated until the end of the Fellowship in 2017.
The development of the prospectus responds to a recommendation from the International Review of Energy Research undertaken by the Research Councils in 2010.
2. Research programme: the effectiveness of systems of energy innovation
The research programme will compare the effectiveness of energy innovation systems in a number of leading countries.The objectives are:
- to map out systems of energy innovation for a range of countries and technologies;
- to attempt to measure the effectiveness of these different arrangements; and
- to compare different approaches with a view to learning lessons for successful energy research and innovation policy
The research programme will start in autumn 2013 and run through to March 2017.
To accomplish both tasks Jim is supported by a small team. To find further information on the RCUK Energy Strategy Fellowship Team please visit the People section of the website.