Group members and who we work with
- Professor Ed Hinds FRS - Experiment; Cold Quantum Matter and Quantum Optics (QOLS)
- Dr Jaesuk Hwang - Experiment; Quantum Optics (QOLS)
- Professor Stefan Maier - Centre for Plasmonics and Metamaterials (EXSS)
- Professor Jon Marangos - Experiment; Attosecond Laser (QOLS)
- Professor Terry Rudolph - Theory; Quantum Foundations, Quantum Optics and Quantum Information (QOLS)
- Professor Danny Segal - Experiment; Ion Trapping, Quantum Optics and Information (QOLS)
- Dr Ben Sauer - Experiment; Quantum Measurement and Fundamental Physics (QOLS)
- Dr Mike Tarbutt - Experiment; Quantum Coherence and Ultra-cold Molecules (QOLS)
- Professor Richard Thompson - Experiment; Ion trapping, Spectroscopy and Quantum Optics(QOLS)
- Professor John Tisch - Quantum Optics and Laser Science (QOLS)
- Professor Myungshik Kim (FQT Co-ordinator) - Theory; Quantum Optics and Quantum Information (QOLS)
Cohort 1 (2013-16)
Mr Samuele Grandi
Mr Moritz Hambach
Moritz works on the Cold Molecules project in the Centre for Cold Matter.
Mr Allan Johnson
Allan works on the Frontiers of Few-Cycle Laser Pulse Compression project in the Laser Consortium.
Ms Paloma Matia-Hernando
Paloma works on the Novel Ultraviolet and Vacuum-UV ultrafast sources project in the Laser Consortium.
Mr Frederik Dieleman
Frederik works on the quantum properties of plasmon nanowaveguides project.
The FQT will be supported by an advisory board comprising the Head of the Physics Department, the Dean of the Imperial College Graduate School, representatives from our associate partner institutes and senior international scientists. The external board members are:
- Professor Anton Zeilinger - University of Vienna
- Professor Artur Ekert - Centre for Quantum Technologies, National University of Singapore
- Professor Gerard Milburn - The University of Queensland
- Professor Patrick Gill - NPL
- Dr Bill Munro - NTT Basic Research Lab